Sep 6, 2010, 2:54 PM EST
On Friday, Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Jayson Werth has parted ways with agent Jeff Borris. Werth was cagey about it when asked over the weekend, denying that he has left Borris and Beverly Hills Sports council. That’s likely a matter of semantics, however, because Crasnick’s source says Werth is “shopping” for new representation. I’m hearing the same thing.
What else I’m hearing: the front runner is Scott Boras, with whom Werth is “way down the road,” according to my sources, and it’s looking like he will sign with him.
Given that this winter stands to be Werth’s last, biggest free agent pay day, Boras is probably a good choice. What he is not, however, is the choice Phillies fans probably want to hear, because his hiring would almost certainly mean that Werth hits the market and that he signs high.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)