Sep 6, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
On Friday, Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Jayson Werth has parted ways with agent Jeff Borris. Werth was cagey about it when asked over the weekend, denying that he has left Borris and Beverly Hills Sports council. That’s likely a matter of semantics, however, because Crasnick’s source says Werth is “shopping” for new representation. I’m hearing the same thing.
What else I’m hearing: the front runner is Scott Boras, with whom Werth is “way down the road,” according to my sources, and it’s looking like he will sign with him.
Given that this winter stands to be Werth’s last, biggest free agent pay day, Boras is probably a good choice. What he is not, however, is the choice Phillies fans probably want to hear, because his hiring would almost certainly mean that Werth hits the market and that he signs high.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)