Sep 6, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
On Friday, Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Jayson Werth has parted ways with agent Jeff Borris. Werth was cagey about it when asked over the weekend, denying that he has left Borris and Beverly Hills Sports council. That’s likely a matter of semantics, however, because Crasnick’s source says Werth is “shopping” for new representation. I’m hearing the same thing.
What else I’m hearing: the front runner is Scott Boras, with whom Werth is “way down the road,” according to my sources, and it’s looking like he will sign with him.
Given that this winter stands to be Werth’s last, biggest free agent pay day, Boras is probably a good choice. What he is not, however, is the choice Phillies fans probably want to hear, because his hiring would almost certainly mean that Werth hits the market and that he signs high.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup