Sep 6, 2010, 2:54 PM EDT
On Friday, Jerry Crasnick tweeted that Jayson Werth has parted ways with agent Jeff Borris. Werth was cagey about it when asked over the weekend, denying that he has left Borris and Beverly Hills Sports council. That’s likely a matter of semantics, however, because Crasnick’s source says Werth is “shopping” for new representation. I’m hearing the same thing.
What else I’m hearing: the front runner is Scott Boras, with whom Werth is “way down the road,” according to my sources, and it’s looking like he will sign with him.
Given that this winter stands to be Werth’s last, biggest free agent pay day, Boras is probably a good choice. What he is not, however, is the choice Phillies fans probably want to hear, because his hiring would almost certainly mean that Werth hits the market and that he signs high.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)