Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez hasn’t shown any power since being claimed off waivers by Chicago last week, but he had three singles this afternoon and is now 7-for-16 (.438) with the White Sox.
Ramirez’s third single today came off Tigers closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning and proved to be the game-winning run, as pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza came around to score in a 5-4 victory.
As a Twins fan I’d love it if all the Manny-hating columnists were right about his being washed-up, but the numbers never supported that notion and so far he’s hitting .438 for a White Sox team that has now won seven straight games.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)