Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez hasn’t shown any power since being claimed off waivers by Chicago last week, but he had three singles this afternoon and is now 7-for-16 (.438) with the White Sox.
Ramirez’s third single today came off Tigers closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning and proved to be the game-winning run, as pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza came around to score in a 5-4 victory.
As a Twins fan I’d love it if all the Manny-hating columnists were right about his being washed-up, but the numbers never supported that notion and so far he’s hitting .438 for a White Sox team that has now won seven straight games.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)