Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez hasn’t shown any power since being claimed off waivers by Chicago last week, but he had three singles this afternoon and is now 7-for-16 (.438) with the White Sox.
Ramirez’s third single today came off Tigers closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning and proved to be the game-winning run, as pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza came around to score in a 5-4 victory.
As a Twins fan I’d love it if all the Manny-hating columnists were right about his being washed-up, but the numbers never supported that notion and so far he’s hitting .438 for a White Sox team that has now won seven straight games.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona