Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez hasn’t shown any power since being claimed off waivers by Chicago last week, but he had three singles this afternoon and is now 7-for-16 (.438) with the White Sox.
Ramirez’s third single today came off Tigers closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning and proved to be the game-winning run, as pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza came around to score in a 5-4 victory.
As a Twins fan I’d love it if all the Manny-hating columnists were right about his being washed-up, but the numbers never supported that notion and so far he’s hitting .438 for a White Sox team that has now won seven straight games.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)