Sep 6, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez hasn’t shown any power since being claimed off waivers by Chicago last week, but he had three singles this afternoon and is now 7-for-16 (.438) with the White Sox.
Ramirez’s third single today came off Tigers closer Jose Valverde in the ninth inning and proved to be the game-winning run, as pinch-runner Alejandro De Aza came around to score in a 5-4 victory.
As a Twins fan I’d love it if all the Manny-hating columnists were right about his being washed-up, but the numbers never supported that notion and so far he’s hitting .438 for a White Sox team that has now won seven straight games.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)