Sep 6, 2010, 7:50 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Latos has been pushed back to Tuesday due to a “violent” stomach bug. Enough said there.
Kevin Correia, who was slated to start Tuesday, will be available in relief of Tim Stauffer tonight. It’s actually not the worst thing in the world since Correia has struggled badly of late.
Cory Luebke will make his second major league start Wednesday against the Dodgers, while Jon Garland will kick off Thursday’s four-game series against the Giants.
6:32 PM: If there was one thing for the reeling Padres to hang their hats on, it was that they would have their ace Mat Latos on the hill against the Dodgers tonight. Not anymore.
According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Latos has been scratched due to illness. Tim Stauffer will make the spot start in his place. That’s rough.
As Brock tells us, Stauffer tossed five scoreless innings in his last spot start back on May 9, but Latos has been pretty close to a sure thing for the past three months. In fact, the young right-hander has allowed two runs or less in each of his last 14 starts. We’ll probably see Latos in the next day or so, but the Padres might be looking up in the standings by then.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 36
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 41
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants