Sep 7, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This morning’s thing about the Portland Beavers inspired a few of you wonder who will become the Padres’ AAA team next year. It inspired a few others to muse in general about the great musical chairs game that is the affiliation business.
As if on cue, lar at Wezen-Ball created this fun graphic showing AAA affiliate movement over time. He also has an accompanying explanatory article. Aside from the fact that he put the little dot that’s supposed to represent Columbus where Dayton really is I like it a lot. But that’s classic Wisconsin bias for you.
The upshot: AAA teams move all the damn time. They usually end up settling back in the same cities over and over again, though, with the places going more than a few years at a time without a AAA team really only being those who don’t really want one to begin with.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)