Sep 7, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This morning’s thing about the Portland Beavers inspired a few of you wonder who will become the Padres’ AAA team next year. It inspired a few others to muse in general about the great musical chairs game that is the affiliation business.
As if on cue, lar at Wezen-Ball created this fun graphic showing AAA affiliate movement over time. He also has an accompanying explanatory article. Aside from the fact that he put the little dot that’s supposed to represent Columbus where Dayton really is I like it a lot. But that’s classic Wisconsin bias for you.
The upshot: AAA teams move all the damn time. They usually end up settling back in the same cities over and over again, though, with the places going more than a few years at a time without a AAA team really only being those who don’t really want one to begin with.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)