Sep 7, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This morning’s thing about the Portland Beavers inspired a few of you wonder who will become the Padres’ AAA team next year. It inspired a few others to muse in general about the great musical chairs game that is the affiliation business.
As if on cue, lar at Wezen-Ball created this fun graphic showing AAA affiliate movement over time. He also has an accompanying explanatory article. Aside from the fact that he put the little dot that’s supposed to represent Columbus where Dayton really is I like it a lot. But that’s classic Wisconsin bias for you.
The upshot: AAA teams move all the damn time. They usually end up settling back in the same cities over and over again, though, with the places going more than a few years at a time without a AAA team really only being those who don’t really want one to begin with.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)