Sep 7, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
Aroldis Chapman showed he was human yesterday, allowing three hits and a run while recording just one out. He also let both runners he inherited from Bill Bray to score. Of course, two of the hits were infield singles and the run was unearned, so maybe “human-like” is the more fitting description.
He threw 16 pitches, with nine of them clocking in at triple-digits. Chapman topped out at 103 miles per hour with a fastball to Troy Tulowitzki, who gave the following review to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com afterward:
Yeah, he’s pretty good. But at the same time, if you asked the other side, I don’t know if you’d be happy with his outing with a passed ball and letting some guys on base. But he’s good. The arm’s unbelievable. I don’t think he’s all the way polished yet, though.
Obviously the Rockies will take runs off Chapman however they can get them, but I’m still waiting to see someone connect for an extra-base hit off him.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)