Sep 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price says that Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall likes interim manager Kirk Gibson and is a big fan of former Padres GM Kevin Towers for the Arizona Diamondbacks job.
How does that work, exactly? Isn’t it normally the case that new GMs like to bring in their own guy to manage a team? We’ve not heard anything bad about Gibson, of course, but Kevin Towers seems like a guy who would be in demand for any GM job that opens up and could be hard to land. Would he agree to take over in Arizona if he couldn’t pick his manager?
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)