Sep 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price says that Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall likes interim manager Kirk Gibson and is a big fan of former Padres GM Kevin Towers for the Arizona Diamondbacks job.
How does that work, exactly? Isn’t it normally the case that new GMs like to bring in their own guy to manage a team? We’ve not heard anything bad about Gibson, of course, but Kevin Towers seems like a guy who would be in demand for any GM job that opens up and could be hard to land. Would he agree to take over in Arizona if he couldn’t pick his manager?
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (149)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)