Sep 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
FanHouse’s Ed Price says that Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall likes interim manager Kirk Gibson and is a big fan of former Padres GM Kevin Towers for the Arizona Diamondbacks job.
How does that work, exactly? Isn’t it normally the case that new GMs like to bring in their own guy to manage a team? We’ve not heard anything bad about Gibson, of course, but Kevin Towers seems like a guy who would be in demand for any GM job that opens up and could be hard to land. Would he agree to take over in Arizona if he couldn’t pick his manager?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)