Sep 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price says that Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall likes interim manager Kirk Gibson and is a big fan of former Padres GM Kevin Towers for the Arizona Diamondbacks job.
How does that work, exactly? Isn’t it normally the case that new GMs like to bring in their own guy to manage a team? We’ve not heard anything bad about Gibson, of course, but Kevin Towers seems like a guy who would be in demand for any GM job that opens up and could be hard to land. Would he agree to take over in Arizona if he couldn’t pick his manager?
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 35
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 40
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)