Sep 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
FanHouse’s Ed Price says that Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall likes interim manager Kirk Gibson and is a big fan of former Padres GM Kevin Towers for the Arizona Diamondbacks job.
How does that work, exactly? Isn’t it normally the case that new GMs like to bring in their own guy to manage a team? We’ve not heard anything bad about Gibson, of course, but Kevin Towers seems like a guy who would be in demand for any GM job that opens up and could be hard to land. Would he agree to take over in Arizona if he couldn’t pick his manager?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)