Sep 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham is out of the lineup tonight due to pain in his right hand. This is bad because he took a ball off his right hand during last
Monday’s game against the Indians. X-rays were negative, but he’s obviously got something wrong.
The Sox have been on a tear lately, but with a pesky 3.5 game deficit between them and the Twins — and with a series against the Twins set for next week — they are going to want Beckham healthy and in the lineup ASAP.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)