Sep 7, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham is out of the lineup tonight due to pain in his right hand. This is bad because he took a ball off his right hand during last
Monday’s game against the Indians. X-rays were negative, but he’s obviously got something wrong.
The Sox have been on a tear lately, but with a pesky 3.5 game deficit between them and the Twins — and with a series against the Twins set for next week — they are going to want Beckham healthy and in the lineup ASAP.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)