Sep 7, 2010, 8:12 PM EST
Jay Bruce will miss a seventh straight game tonight due to soreness in his right side, however he reported no pain after taking approximately 50 swings off a tee earlier this afternoon, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
“The biggest thing is how I bounce back tomorrow. We’ll go from there.”
The tentative plan is for Bruce to take batting practice tomorrow. If all goes well, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him cleared for a return to the starting lineup.
Bruce is batting .274/.343/.464 with 18 home runs, 58 RBI and an 807 OPS in 457 at-bats with the Reds this season. The young outfielder struggled in the power department for most of the second half, however he busted out for five home runs in the span of four games before being scratched from the lineup last Tuesday. Reds fans hope he has at least one power surge left in him.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 13
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)