Sep 7, 2010, 8:12 PM EDT
Jay Bruce will miss a seventh straight game tonight due to soreness in his right side, however he reported no pain after taking approximately 50 swings off a tee earlier this afternoon, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
“The biggest thing is how I bounce back tomorrow. We’ll go from there.”
The tentative plan is for Bruce to take batting practice tomorrow. If all goes well, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him cleared for a return to the starting lineup.
Bruce is batting .274/.343/.464 with 18 home runs, 58 RBI and an 807 OPS in 457 at-bats with the Reds this season. The young outfielder struggled in the power department for most of the second half, however he busted out for five home runs in the span of four games before being scratched from the lineup last Tuesday. Reds fans hope he has at least one power surge left in him.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)