Sep 7, 2010, 8:12 PM EDT
Jay Bruce will miss a seventh straight game tonight due to soreness in his right side, however he reported no pain after taking approximately 50 swings off a tee earlier this afternoon, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
“The biggest thing is how I bounce back tomorrow. We’ll go from there.”
The tentative plan is for Bruce to take batting practice tomorrow. If all goes well, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him cleared for a return to the starting lineup.
Bruce is batting .274/.343/.464 with 18 home runs, 58 RBI and an 807 OPS in 457 at-bats with the Reds this season. The young outfielder struggled in the power department for most of the second half, however he busted out for five home runs in the span of four games before being scratched from the lineup last Tuesday. Reds fans hope he has at least one power surge left in him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)