Sep 7, 2010, 8:12 PM EDT
Jay Bruce will miss a seventh straight game tonight due to soreness in his right side, however he reported no pain after taking approximately 50 swings off a tee earlier this afternoon, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
“The biggest thing is how I bounce back tomorrow. We’ll go from there.”
The tentative plan is for Bruce to take batting practice tomorrow. If all goes well, it wouldn’t be shocking to see him cleared for a return to the starting lineup.
Bruce is batting .274/.343/.464 with 18 home runs, 58 RBI and an 807 OPS in 457 at-bats with the Reds this season. The young outfielder struggled in the power department for most of the second half, however he busted out for five home runs in the span of four games before being scratched from the lineup last Tuesday. Reds fans hope he has at least one power surge left in him.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)