Sep 7, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
When the Phillies lineup was posted for tonight’s game, Jayson Werth was on the bench and Dominic Brown was getting the start in right. This made sense inasmuch as Werth has struggled mightily against Marlins starter Chris Volstad.
But a few short minutes ago Brown was scratched and Werth was re-inserted. Have to figure something is wrong with Brown, but there has been no official word from the Phillies as of yet. UPDATE: There’s word now: tender right quadriceps.
Watch: Werth will go 3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI against Volstad tonight. Stuff just happens like that.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 28
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)