Sep 7, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
When the Phillies lineup was posted for tonight’s game, Jayson Werth was on the bench and Dominic Brown was getting the start in right. This made sense inasmuch as Werth has struggled mightily against Marlins starter Chris Volstad.
But a few short minutes ago Brown was scratched and Werth was re-inserted. Have to figure something is wrong with Brown, but there has been no official word from the Phillies as of yet. UPDATE: There’s word now: tender right quadriceps.
Watch: Werth will go 3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI against Volstad tonight. Stuff just happens like that.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (157)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)