Sep 7, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
When the Phillies lineup was posted for tonight’s game, Jayson Werth was on the bench and Dominic Brown was getting the start in right. This made sense inasmuch as Werth has struggled mightily against Marlins starter Chris Volstad.
But a few short minutes ago Brown was scratched and Werth was re-inserted. Have to figure something is wrong with Brown, but there has been no official word from the Phillies as of yet. UPDATE: There’s word now: tender right quadriceps.
Watch: Werth will go 3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI against Volstad tonight. Stuff just happens like that.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)