Sep 7, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
When the Phillies lineup was posted for tonight’s game, Jayson Werth was on the bench and Dominic Brown was getting the start in right. This made sense inasmuch as Werth has struggled mightily against Marlins starter Chris Volstad.
But a few short minutes ago Brown was scratched and Werth was re-inserted. Have to figure something is wrong with Brown, but there has been no official word from the Phillies as of yet. UPDATE: There’s word now: tender right quadriceps.
Watch: Werth will go 3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI against Volstad tonight. Stuff just happens like that.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 30
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)