Sep 7, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
When the Phillies lineup was posted for tonight’s game, Jayson Werth was on the bench and Dominic Brown was getting the start in right. This made sense inasmuch as Werth has struggled mightily against Marlins starter Chris Volstad.
But a few short minutes ago Brown was scratched and Werth was re-inserted. Have to figure something is wrong with Brown, but there has been no official word from the Phillies as of yet. UPDATE: There’s word now: tender right quadriceps.
Watch: Werth will go 3 for 5 with a triple and three RBI against Volstad tonight. Stuff just happens like that.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 26
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 9
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 63
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games