Sep 7, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
FanHouse’s Ed Price has a profile of Cito Gaston today that’s interesting in and of itself, but he ends the piece with a fun little musing about an unlikely but delicious series of managerial moves this winter:
- Joe Torre leaves the Dodgers as they look for ways to cut costs;
- Dusty Baker, dissatisfied with the contract extension offered by the Reds, going to L.A., where he played eight seasons;
- Tony La Russa, his contract up with the Cardinals, goes to Cincinnati in a reunion with general manager Walt Jocketty (they were together in Oakland and St. Louis); and
- Torre goes to the Cards, where he played (1969-74) and managed (1990-95).
Setting aside the fact that the Cardinals, Dodgers and Reds would all likely be worse off with their new iconic manager than they were with their old one, such a scenario would certainly make blogging a hell of a lot easier over the winter and spring. Storylines, baby! Storylines!
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8