Must-click link: Buck Showalter doesn't like Keith Olbermann

Sep 7, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT

Over at his MLB.com blog Keith Olbermann shared an amusing story from 1993 about then-Yankees manager Buck Showalter, who apparently didn’t like Olbermann and made him believe Paul O’Neill, Wade Boggs, and various other Yankees were upset at him for the whole SportsCenter shtick.
Keith Olbermann: So Good To See Buck Showalter Again
It seems like these days people are far more willing to simply tell Olbermann that they don’t like him, without using Paul O’Neill as a cover.

1. heiniemanush - Sep 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Did anybody ever really like Olbermann before he got his show on MSNBC? His annoying, wise-ass style pretty much opened the door for Stuart Scott and the countless other clowns who anchor at ESPN, these days.

2. Xpensive Wino - Sep 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Other than the latest moron who just hired him in Baltimore, is there anyone on the planet who likes Buck Showalter?

3. Buccofan - Sep 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Yes. I like his old-school way of doing things on the field. I’m tired of so-called “players’ managers” who ignore self-discipline and have a laissez-faire attitude about what it takes to work as a team.

4. Will - Sep 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Some of us have never liked Obermann. Either as a sports windbag or as a political windbag.

5. APBA Guy - Sep 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I’m ok with Olbermann, and I enjoyed his show on ESPN with Dan Patrick. It was more subtle than the shouters and screamers they have these days, but I agree it was a step in that direction.

6. willmose - Sep 7, 2010 at 4:25 PM

And some of us have, although Glenn Beck and Billy O are much better at bugging the truth for money.

7. Stichey - Sep 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I’m a long time Keith fan! But now, I’m MUCH less of a Buck Showalter fan (although, I must admit that I now like Paul O’Neil even more, and I ADORED him before).

Orioles turn AL East on its head