Sep 7, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Hell, they’ve already got Melvin Mora on the team, so why not call up Jay Payton?
Payton, 37, who has spent parts of 13 seasons in the major leagues,
this season has been about making peace with himself and the game after
injuries forced him to miss the 2009 season.
“It’s a good feeling, to get back after all the hard work you’ve
put in, surgeries and stuff,” Payton said. “To get back to the big
leagues, put on a big-league uniform again, it’s something special.”
Payton hit hit .323 with six homers, 74 RBI and 13 stolen bases for Colorado Springs this year. He’ll provide some depth.
No word if Preston Wilson got a contract too.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)