Sep 7, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
Hell, they’ve already got Melvin Mora on the team, so why not call up Jay Payton?
Payton, 37, who has spent parts of 13 seasons in the major leagues,
this season has been about making peace with himself and the game after
injuries forced him to miss the 2009 season.
“It’s a good feeling, to get back after all the hard work you’ve
put in, surgeries and stuff,” Payton said. “To get back to the big
leagues, put on a big-league uniform again, it’s something special.”
Payton hit hit .323 with six homers, 74 RBI and 13 stolen bases for Colorado Springs this year. He’ll provide some depth.
No word if Preston Wilson got a contract too.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)