Sep 7, 2010, 12:32 PM EST
Hell, they’ve already got Melvin Mora on the team, so why not call up Jay Payton?
Payton, 37, who has spent parts of 13 seasons in the major leagues,
this season has been about making peace with himself and the game after
injuries forced him to miss the 2009 season.
“It’s a good feeling, to get back after all the hard work you’ve
put in, surgeries and stuff,” Payton said. “To get back to the big
leagues, put on a big-league uniform again, it’s something special.”
Payton hit hit .323 with six homers, 74 RBI and 13 stolen bases for Colorado Springs this year. He’ll provide some depth.
No word if Preston Wilson got a contract too.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)