Sep 7, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
Hell, they’ve already got Melvin Mora on the team, so why not call up Jay Payton?
Payton, 37, who has spent parts of 13 seasons in the major leagues,
this season has been about making peace with himself and the game after
injuries forced him to miss the 2009 season.
“It’s a good feeling, to get back after all the hard work you’ve
put in, surgeries and stuff,” Payton said. “To get back to the big
leagues, put on a big-league uniform again, it’s something special.”
Payton hit hit .323 with six homers, 74 RBI and 13 stolen bases for Colorado Springs this year. He’ll provide some depth.
No word if Preston Wilson got a contract too.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)