Sep 7, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
I mean reasons that are different than the ones that make you want to look at accident scenes and the “Faces of Death” movies. James Kannengeiser lists them over at Amazing Avenue today.
My favorite: the spoiler potential, as the Mets have six games left with the Phillies and three with the Braves. I’m genuinely curious as to who Mets fans would rather see win the division. Or, rather, who they’d rather see lose it. Philly certainly has the greater proximity hate, the more recent late-season history with the Mets and is a more natural municipal rival, broadly speaking, but the Braves have probably inflicted more aggregate pain over the past fifteen years or so.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)