Sep 7, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
I mean reasons that are different than the ones that make you want to look at accident scenes and the “Faces of Death” movies. James Kannengeiser lists them over at Amazing Avenue today.
My favorite: the spoiler potential, as the Mets have six games left with the Phillies and three with the Braves. I’m genuinely curious as to who Mets fans would rather see win the division. Or, rather, who they’d rather see lose it. Philly certainly has the greater proximity hate, the more recent late-season history with the Mets and is a more natural municipal rival, broadly speaking, but the Braves have probably inflicted more aggregate pain over the past fifteen years or so.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)