Sep 7, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
I mean reasons that are different than the ones that make you want to look at accident scenes and the “Faces of Death” movies. James Kannengeiser lists them over at Amazing Avenue today.
My favorite: the spoiler potential, as the Mets have six games left with the Phillies and three with the Braves. I’m genuinely curious as to who Mets fans would rather see win the division. Or, rather, who they’d rather see lose it. Philly certainly has the greater proximity hate, the more recent late-season history with the Mets and is a more natural municipal rival, broadly speaking, but the Braves have probably inflicted more aggregate pain over the past fifteen years or so.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)