Sep 7, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
I mean reasons that are different than the ones that make you want to look at accident scenes and the “Faces of Death” movies. James Kannengeiser lists them over at Amazing Avenue today.
My favorite: the spoiler potential, as the Mets have six games left with the Phillies and three with the Braves. I’m genuinely curious as to who Mets fans would rather see win the division. Or, rather, who they’d rather see lose it. Philly certainly has the greater proximity hate, the more recent late-season history with the Mets and is a more natural municipal rival, broadly speaking, but the Braves have probably inflicted more aggregate pain over the past fifteen years or so.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 32
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)