Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along an intriguing note about the CBS television show Undercover Boss “filming this strange guy with a fake beard on the grounds crew and as a beer vendor” at Wrigley Field today.
Sullivan snapped a picture of the film crew setting up around the ballpark, but so far the Cubs “deny any knowledge.” Then again, not denying any knowledge would sort of ruin the whole premise of the show.
Sullivan guesses that team chairman Tom Ricketts’ younger brother Todd Ricketts is the person going undercover. Whatever the case I’m sure hi-jinks will ensue and life lessons will be learned, because that’s what happens when rich people wear fake beards and pretend to not own stuff.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)