Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along an intriguing note about the CBS television show Undercover Boss “filming this strange guy with a fake beard on the grounds crew and as a beer vendor” at Wrigley Field today.
Sullivan snapped a picture of the film crew setting up around the ballpark, but so far the Cubs “deny any knowledge.” Then again, not denying any knowledge would sort of ruin the whole premise of the show.
Sullivan guesses that team chairman Tom Ricketts’ younger brother Todd Ricketts is the person going undercover. Whatever the case I’m sure hi-jinks will ensue and life lessons will be learned, because that’s what happens when rich people wear fake beards and pretend to not own stuff.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)