Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along an intriguing note about the CBS television show Undercover Boss “filming this strange guy with a fake beard on the grounds crew and as a beer vendor” at Wrigley Field today.
Sullivan snapped a picture of the film crew setting up around the ballpark, but so far the Cubs “deny any knowledge.” Then again, not denying any knowledge would sort of ruin the whole premise of the show.
Sullivan guesses that team chairman Tom Ricketts’ younger brother Todd Ricketts is the person going undercover. Whatever the case I’m sure hi-jinks will ensue and life lessons will be learned, because that’s what happens when rich people wear fake beards and pretend to not own stuff.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)