Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along an intriguing note about the CBS television show Undercover Boss “filming this strange guy with a fake beard on the grounds crew and as a beer vendor” at Wrigley Field today.
Sullivan snapped a picture of the film crew setting up around the ballpark, but so far the Cubs “deny any knowledge.” Then again, not denying any knowledge would sort of ruin the whole premise of the show.
Sullivan guesses that team chairman Tom Ricketts’ younger brother Todd Ricketts is the person going undercover. Whatever the case I’m sure hi-jinks will ensue and life lessons will be learned, because that’s what happens when rich people wear fake beards and pretend to not own stuff.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)