Sep 8, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune passes along an intriguing note about the CBS television show Undercover Boss “filming this strange guy with a fake beard on the grounds crew and as a beer vendor” at Wrigley Field today.
Sullivan snapped a picture of the film crew setting up around the ballpark, but so far the Cubs “deny any knowledge.” Then again, not denying any knowledge would sort of ruin the whole premise of the show.
Sullivan guesses that team chairman Tom Ricketts’ younger brother Todd Ricketts is the person going undercover. Whatever the case I’m sure hi-jinks will ensue and life lessons will be learned, because that’s what happens when rich people wear fake beards and pretend to not own stuff.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)