Sep 8, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Umpire Bob Davidson says he ejected a fan at Milwaukee’s Miller Park during Tuesday’s game after the use of a homophobic slur aimed at Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina.
Davidson ejected 44-year-old Sean A. Ottow in the seventh inning last night because, according to the Associated Press, he wanted to make sure Molina wouldn’t do something to escalate the situation.
Ottow was interviewed by the AP while handcuffed to a bench on Miller Park’s service level and said that he never swore at Molina.
Davidson, who also got some notice last month after Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said he made the “worst call” he’d ever seen on a fair ball ruled foul, also ejected Brewers outfielder Chris Dickerson and Cards pitching coach Dave Duncan from last night’s game, which Milwaukee won 4-2.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)