Sep 8, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT
Umpire Bob Davidson says he ejected a fan at Milwaukee’s Miller Park during Tuesday’s game after the use of a homophobic slur aimed at Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina.
Davidson ejected 44-year-old Sean A. Ottow in the seventh inning last night because, according to the Associated Press, he wanted to make sure Molina wouldn’t do something to escalate the situation.
Ottow was interviewed by the AP while handcuffed to a bench on Miller Park’s service level and said that he never swore at Molina.
Davidson, who also got some notice last month after Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said he made the “worst call” he’d ever seen on a fair ball ruled foul, also ejected Brewers outfielder Chris Dickerson and Cards pitching coach Dave Duncan from last night’s game, which Milwaukee won 4-2.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8