Sep 8, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
It’s been a year and a half since Bud Selig said he’d study the, oh, four variable problem that is the Athletics’ stadium and relocation issue. While it wouldn’t take that long for most nations to achieve nuclear capability during that time frame, Selig’s committee is still studying the matter. Can’t be rushed, you know.
The threat for a long time was that if baseball lets the Athletics move to San Jose, the Giants would sue over the violation of their territorial rights. Lew Wolff and the A’s are probably the more aggrieved party by now for having been made to wait so damn long, but I doubt they’ll sue anyone. In fact, maybe they’ll just move and let baseball and the Giants sue them. Not a bad idea!
If they are considering that, they’ve taken a good first step: they’ve hired a ballpark architect. Yeah, I realize the real reason for that is likely so they can have fancy drawings of a a beautiful park when the matter finally makes it to the ballots in San Jose, but I’d like to think that Wolff’s plan B is to just build the damn thing and make everyone try to stop him.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)