Sep 8, 2010, 3:05 PM EST
It’s been a year and a half since Bud Selig said he’d study the, oh, four variable problem that is the Athletics’ stadium and relocation issue. While it wouldn’t take that long for most nations to achieve nuclear capability during that time frame, Selig’s committee is still studying the matter. Can’t be rushed, you know.
The threat for a long time was that if baseball lets the Athletics move to San Jose, the Giants would sue over the violation of their territorial rights. Lew Wolff and the A’s are probably the more aggrieved party by now for having been made to wait so damn long, but I doubt they’ll sue anyone. In fact, maybe they’ll just move and let baseball and the Giants sue them. Not a bad idea!
If they are considering that, they’ve taken a good first step: they’ve hired a ballpark architect. Yeah, I realize the real reason for that is likely so they can have fancy drawings of a a beautiful park when the matter finally makes it to the ballots in San Jose, but I’d like to think that Wolff’s plan B is to just build the damn thing and make everyone try to stop him.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (188)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)