Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite columnists and today he wrote about one of baseball’s worst umpires, Bob Davidson.
Bernie Miklasz: Ump Davidson a disgrace to the game
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Miklasz says about Davidson, who has a long history of wrong calls and ridiculous, attention-seeking behavior. Joe West gets all the bad-umpire headlines, but Davidson has been behind an amazing number of botched calls and unnecessary “incidents” over the years.
He’s aggressively terrible, consistently.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (145)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)