Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite columnists and today he wrote about one of baseball’s worst umpires, Bob Davidson.
Bernie Miklasz: Ump Davidson a disgrace to the game
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Miklasz says about Davidson, who has a long history of wrong calls and ridiculous, attention-seeking behavior. Joe West gets all the bad-umpire headlines, but Davidson has been behind an amazing number of botched calls and unnecessary “incidents” over the years.
He’s aggressively terrible, consistently.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (150)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)