Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite columnists and today he wrote about one of baseball’s worst umpires, Bob Davidson.
Bernie Miklasz: Ump Davidson a disgrace to the game
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Miklasz says about Davidson, who has a long history of wrong calls and ridiculous, attention-seeking behavior. Joe West gets all the bad-umpire headlines, but Davidson has been behind an amazing number of botched calls and unnecessary “incidents” over the years.
He’s aggressively terrible, consistently.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)