Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite columnists and today he wrote about one of baseball’s worst umpires, Bob Davidson.
Bernie Miklasz: Ump Davidson a disgrace to the game
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Miklasz says about Davidson, who has a long history of wrong calls and ridiculous, attention-seeking behavior. Joe West gets all the bad-umpire headlines, but Davidson has been behind an amazing number of botched calls and unnecessary “incidents” over the years.
He’s aggressively terrible, consistently.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)