Sep 8, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite columnists and today he wrote about one of baseball’s worst umpires, Bob Davidson.
Bernie Miklasz: Ump Davidson a disgrace to the game
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Miklasz says about Davidson, who has a long history of wrong calls and ridiculous, attention-seeking behavior. Joe West gets all the bad-umpire headlines, but Davidson has been behind an amazing number of botched calls and unnecessary “incidents” over the years.
He’s aggressively terrible, consistently.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 0
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)