Sep 8, 2010, 11:31 AM EST
Phil Hughes pitched on Sunday, and would have gone again on Friday, but the Yankees have pushed him back. He’ll go next Wednesday against the Rays, getting nine days’ rest.
Hughes gave up six runs in six innings on Sunday with a lot of bombs thrown in there. He’s at 155 innings on the year after throwing only 105 between Scranton and New York last season, so maybe he needs a breather if the Yankees want him fresh for the postseason.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 2
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 34
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)