Sep 8, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
Phil Hughes pitched on Sunday, and would have gone again on Friday, but the Yankees have pushed him back. He’ll go next Wednesday against the Rays, getting nine days’ rest.
Hughes gave up six runs in six innings on Sunday with a lot of bombs thrown in there. He’s at 155 innings on the year after throwing only 105 between Scranton and New York last season, so maybe he needs a breather if the Yankees want him fresh for the postseason.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)