Sep 8, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
I’ve written a couple posts recently suggesting that Jim Edmonds is a) deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame, and b) unlikely to actually garner much support from voters.
He’s an eight-time Gold Glove winner who ranks sixth all time in homers by a center fielder and is seventh in Wins Above Replacement for the position. So, the question isn’t whether or not the voters will actually put him in, but rather is Edmonds deserving of Cooperstown.
What say you?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)