Sep 8, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
I’ve written a couple posts recently suggesting that Jim Edmonds is a) deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame, and b) unlikely to actually garner much support from voters.
He’s an eight-time Gold Glove winner who ranks sixth all time in homers by a center fielder and is seventh in Wins Above Replacement for the position. So, the question isn’t whether or not the voters will actually put him in, but rather is Edmonds deserving of Cooperstown.
What say you?
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)