Sep 8, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
I’ve written a couple posts recently suggesting that Jim Edmonds is a) deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame, and b) unlikely to actually garner much support from voters.
He’s an eight-time Gold Glove winner who ranks sixth all time in homers by a center fielder and is seventh in Wins Above Replacement for the position. So, the question isn’t whether or not the voters will actually put him in, but rather is Edmonds deserving of Cooperstown.
What say you?
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)