Sep 8, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
I’ve written a couple posts recently suggesting that Jim Edmonds is a) deserving of a spot in the Hall of Fame, and b) unlikely to actually garner much support from voters.
He’s an eight-time Gold Glove winner who ranks sixth all time in homers by a center fielder and is seventh in Wins Above Replacement for the position. So, the question isn’t whether or not the voters will actually put him in, but rather is Edmonds deserving of Cooperstown.
What say you?
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)