Sep 8, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Update: Tests on Posada’s head came back negative, and doctors have cleared him to play. The Yankees are currently listing their catcher as day-to-day.
Right after the Yankees game today there were several references to Jorge Posada experiencing concussion symptoms that prevented him from being used. How, in this day and age, I took that lightly I have no idea, but I kind of did. I’m reading now that the Yankees have sent him to a neurologist for tests and have yet to determine whether he can accompany the team to Texas tomorrow for this weekend’s series with the Rangers.
It goes without saying that it will be seriously bad news for the Yankees if Posada is out for an extended period of time.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)