Sep 8, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Update: Tests on Posada’s head came back negative, and doctors have cleared him to play. The Yankees are currently listing their catcher as day-to-day.
Right after the Yankees game today there were several references to Jorge Posada experiencing concussion symptoms that prevented him from being used. How, in this day and age, I took that lightly I have no idea, but I kind of did. I’m reading now that the Yankees have sent him to a neurologist for tests and have yet to determine whether he can accompany the team to Texas tomorrow for this weekend’s series with the Rangers.
It goes without saying that it will be seriously bad news for the Yankees if Posada is out for an extended period of time.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)