Sep 8, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Update: Tests on Posada’s head came back negative, and doctors have cleared him to play. The Yankees are currently listing their catcher as day-to-day.
Right after the Yankees game today there were several references to Jorge Posada experiencing concussion symptoms that prevented him from being used. How, in this day and age, I took that lightly I have no idea, but I kind of did. I’m reading now that the Yankees have sent him to a neurologist for tests and have yet to determine whether he can accompany the team to Texas tomorrow for this weekend’s series with the Rangers.
It goes without saying that it will be seriously bad news for the Yankees if Posada is out for an extended period of time.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)