Sep 8, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Update: Tests on Posada’s head came back negative, and doctors have cleared him to play. The Yankees are currently listing their catcher as day-to-day.
Right after the Yankees game today there were several references to Jorge Posada experiencing concussion symptoms that prevented him from being used. How, in this day and age, I took that lightly I have no idea, but I kind of did. I’m reading now that the Yankees have sent him to a neurologist for tests and have yet to determine whether he can accompany the team to Texas tomorrow for this weekend’s series with the Rangers.
It goes without saying that it will be seriously bad news for the Yankees if Posada is out for an extended period of time.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)