Sep 8, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Update: Tests on Posada’s head came back negative, and doctors have cleared him to play. The Yankees are currently listing their catcher as day-to-day.
Right after the Yankees game today there were several references to Jorge Posada experiencing concussion symptoms that prevented him from being used. How, in this day and age, I took that lightly I have no idea, but I kind of did. I’m reading now that the Yankees have sent him to a neurologist for tests and have yet to determine whether he can accompany the team to Texas tomorrow for this weekend’s series with the Rangers.
It goes without saying that it will be seriously bad news for the Yankees if Posada is out for an extended period of time.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 59
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (92)