Sep 8, 2010, 2:31 PM EDT
That’s the assessment of Steve Dilbeck of the L.A. Times. He certainly has a point if you focus –as he does — on the second half production of Kemp, Ethier and Scott Podsednik. It’s been pretty brutal. I know Podsednik wasn’t part of that crew before the season began, but it’s quite something to see a squad that was arguably the best in all of baseball now make a legitimate case for being the worst.
The most astonishing part of all of this is that they haven’t improved since Manny Ramirez left. All of the big time national writers who are supposed to know everything told me that he was the problem and that the Dodgers would be better off without him. Funny how that didn’t happen.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17