Sep 8, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
“They’re trying to
do one thing, and we’ll see what happens. I don’t really have to do it.
They came with something, and that might just be where the negotiations
start, but I don’t see myself signing a two-year deal. I’m young
enough. I work so hard and I give it all. I just want to be treated
He’s mostly zen about it all, saying that he didn’t even expect an offer during the season, so I don’t read this as Martinez being insulted or anything. But it does seem clear that if the Sox suspected that Martinez felt insecure and willing to jump at an early offer they were quite mistaken.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69