Sep 8, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
“They’re trying to
do one thing, and we’ll see what happens. I don’t really have to do it.
They came with something, and that might just be where the negotiations
start, but I don’t see myself signing a two-year deal. I’m young
enough. I work so hard and I give it all. I just want to be treated
He’s mostly zen about it all, saying that he didn’t even expect an offer during the season, so I don’t read this as Martinez being insulted or anything. But it does seem clear that if the Sox suspected that Martinez felt insecure and willing to jump at an early offer they were quite mistaken.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)