Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 AM EST
Bad news out of Colorado this evening.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Rockies starter Aaron Cook suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula when he was drilled in the leg Wednesday by a Joey Votto comebacker.
The Rox are maintaining hope that he will be able to pitch again this year, but i’s hard to believe that he actually will. Time is running out on the 2010 season and broken legs, no matter how severe, require time to heal.
Cook has turned in a 6-8 record, a 5.08 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP in 127 2/3 innings for the Rockies this season. That’s probably where his 2010 stats will end.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120