Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 AM EDT
Bad news out of Colorado this evening.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Rockies starter Aaron Cook suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula when he was drilled in the leg Wednesday by a Joey Votto comebacker.
The Rox are maintaining hope that he will be able to pitch again this year, but i’s hard to believe that he actually will. Time is running out on the 2010 season and broken legs, no matter how severe, require time to heal.
Cook has turned in a 6-8 record, a 5.08 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP in 127 2/3 innings for the Rockies this season. That’s probably where his 2010 stats will end.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)