Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 AM EDT
Bad news out of Colorado this evening.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Rockies starter Aaron Cook suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula when he was drilled in the leg Wednesday by a Joey Votto comebacker.
The Rox are maintaining hope that he will be able to pitch again this year, but i’s hard to believe that he actually will. Time is running out on the 2010 season and broken legs, no matter how severe, require time to heal.
Cook has turned in a 6-8 record, a 5.08 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP in 127 2/3 innings for the Rockies this season. That’s probably where his 2010 stats will end.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)