Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 AM EDT
Bad news out of Colorado this evening.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Rockies starter Aaron Cook suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula when he was drilled in the leg Wednesday by a Joey Votto comebacker.
The Rox are maintaining hope that he will be able to pitch again this year, but i’s hard to believe that he actually will. Time is running out on the 2010 season and broken legs, no matter how severe, require time to heal.
Cook has turned in a 6-8 record, a 5.08 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP in 127 2/3 innings for the Rockies this season. That’s probably where his 2010 stats will end.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)