Sep 9, 2010, 12:29 AM EDT
Bad news out of Colorado this evening.
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Rockies starter Aaron Cook suffered a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula when he was drilled in the leg Wednesday by a Joey Votto comebacker.
The Rox are maintaining hope that he will be able to pitch again this year, but i’s hard to believe that he actually will. Time is running out on the 2010 season and broken legs, no matter how severe, require time to heal.
Cook has turned in a 6-8 record, a 5.08 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP in 127 2/3 innings for the Rockies this season. That’s probably where his 2010 stats will end.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (78)