Sep 9, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Because “CC Sabathia and four days of rain” is too much to expect, it’s kind of important that Andy Pettitte get back to the Bronx as soon as possible. An important step in that journey happens this evening, as Pettitte is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Trenton Thunder in the AA playoffs.
Hardly seems fair that a guy with Pettitte’s pedigree is going to impact minor league playoffs, but that’s just how it goes. My guess is that most of the Trenton Thunder fans don’t mind, however.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)