Sep 9, 2010, 5:13 PM EST
Because “CC Sabathia and four days of rain” is too much to expect, it’s kind of important that Andy Pettitte get back to the Bronx as soon as possible. An important step in that journey happens this evening, as Pettitte is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Trenton Thunder in the AA playoffs.
Hardly seems fair that a guy with Pettitte’s pedigree is going to impact minor league playoffs, but that’s just how it goes. My guess is that most of the Trenton Thunder fans don’t mind, however.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)