Sep 9, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Because “CC Sabathia and four days of rain” is too much to expect, it’s kind of important that Andy Pettitte get back to the Bronx as soon as possible. An important step in that journey happens this evening, as Pettitte is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Trenton Thunder in the AA playoffs.
Hardly seems fair that a guy with Pettitte’s pedigree is going to impact minor league playoffs, but that’s just how it goes. My guess is that most of the Trenton Thunder fans don’t mind, however.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)