Sep 9, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Because “CC Sabathia and four days of rain” is too much to expect, it’s kind of important that Andy Pettitte get back to the Bronx as soon as possible. An important step in that journey happens this evening, as Pettitte is scheduled to make a rehab start for the Trenton Thunder in the AA playoffs.
Hardly seems fair that a guy with Pettitte’s pedigree is going to impact minor league playoffs, but that’s just how it goes. My guess is that most of the Trenton Thunder fans don’t mind, however.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)