Sep 9, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt pours cold water on Krasovic’s report, saying that Attanasio has no interest in the Dodgers. Seems to me that this kind of thing comes down to who the sources are, because Attanasio himself and his proxies would certainly say that he had no interest, because to say otherwise would be seen as him interfering. If it was someone farther away from power but who still knows the man’s thoughts then, sure, give it more weight.
3:30 P.M: I passed along a bit of gossip some months ago that Frank McCourt would try to sell the Dodgers after the divorce case is said and done. The Dodgers tore me a new one over that — Frank McCourt is king of kings, they said, and we should look upon his works, ye Mighty, and despair — but the talk continues.
The latest incarnation: FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic reports that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio may be interested in buying the Dodgers. He couldn’t get any comment from Attanasio, of course, but Attanasio is based in Los Angeles, is viewed as a solid owner and at least one anonymous MLB executive thinks there could be something there. For his part, Krasovic thinks that Selig would love it if Attanasio rescued the Dodgers from the chaos the McCourts have created.
Just something to file away for that day when McCourt finally admits that he’s in debt up to his eyeballs and has no way out of the woods but to sell the team.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)