Sep 9, 2010, 4:08 PM EST
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt pours cold water on Krasovic’s report, saying that Attanasio has no interest in the Dodgers. Seems to me that this kind of thing comes down to who the sources are, because Attanasio himself and his proxies would certainly say that he had no interest, because to say otherwise would be seen as him interfering. If it was someone farther away from power but who still knows the man’s thoughts then, sure, give it more weight.
3:30 P.M: I passed along a bit of gossip some months ago that Frank McCourt would try to sell the Dodgers after the divorce case is said and done. The Dodgers tore me a new one over that — Frank McCourt is king of kings, they said, and we should look upon his works, ye Mighty, and despair — but the talk continues.
The latest incarnation: FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic reports that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio may be interested in buying the Dodgers. He couldn’t get any comment from Attanasio, of course, but Attanasio is based in Los Angeles, is viewed as a solid owner and at least one anonymous MLB executive thinks there could be something there. For his part, Krasovic thinks that Selig would love it if Attanasio rescued the Dodgers from the chaos the McCourts have created.
Just something to file away for that day when McCourt finally admits that he’s in debt up to his eyeballs and has no way out of the woods but to sell the team.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27