Sep 9, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt pours cold water on Krasovic’s report, saying that Attanasio has no interest in the Dodgers. Seems to me that this kind of thing comes down to who the sources are, because Attanasio himself and his proxies would certainly say that he had no interest, because to say otherwise would be seen as him interfering. If it was someone farther away from power but who still knows the man’s thoughts then, sure, give it more weight.
3:30 P.M: I passed along a bit of gossip some months ago that Frank McCourt would try to sell the Dodgers after the divorce case is said and done. The Dodgers tore me a new one over that — Frank McCourt is king of kings, they said, and we should look upon his works, ye Mighty, and despair — but the talk continues.
The latest incarnation: FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic reports that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio may be interested in buying the Dodgers. He couldn’t get any comment from Attanasio, of course, but Attanasio is based in Los Angeles, is viewed as a solid owner and at least one anonymous MLB executive thinks there could be something there. For his part, Krasovic thinks that Selig would love it if Attanasio rescued the Dodgers from the chaos the McCourts have created.
Just something to file away for that day when McCourt finally admits that he’s in debt up to his eyeballs and has no way out of the woods but to sell the team.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)