Sep 9, 2010, 4:08 PM EST
UPDATE: Tom Haudricourt pours cold water on Krasovic’s report, saying that Attanasio has no interest in the Dodgers. Seems to me that this kind of thing comes down to who the sources are, because Attanasio himself and his proxies would certainly say that he had no interest, because to say otherwise would be seen as him interfering. If it was someone farther away from power but who still knows the man’s thoughts then, sure, give it more weight.
3:30 P.M: I passed along a bit of gossip some months ago that Frank McCourt would try to sell the Dodgers after the divorce case is said and done. The Dodgers tore me a new one over that — Frank McCourt is king of kings, they said, and we should look upon his works, ye Mighty, and despair — but the talk continues.
The latest incarnation: FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic reports that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio may be interested in buying the Dodgers. He couldn’t get any comment from Attanasio, of course, but Attanasio is based in Los Angeles, is viewed as a solid owner and at least one anonymous MLB executive thinks there could be something there. For his part, Krasovic thinks that Selig would love it if Attanasio rescued the Dodgers from the chaos the McCourts have created.
Just something to file away for that day when McCourt finally admits that he’s in debt up to his eyeballs and has no way out of the woods but to sell the team.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)