Sep 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Reader Kevin Reiss is visiting the Hall of Fame this afternoon and has posted dozens of pics from inside the museum on his Twitter feed. One pic, however, stood out, and that’s the Hall’s PEDs disclaimer, as Kevin calls it, pictured below. I had no idea the Hall had anything like this. Makes sense, though. If there were no mention at all of PEDs it would appear to be a whitewash.
Thing that strikes me the most about it: unlike museum curators, the writers who vote for the Hall of Fame are not all that interested in “the perspective of time” when it comes to PEDs. It’s “keep the cheatin’ bastards out!”
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12