Sep 9, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
Reader Kevin Reiss is visiting the Hall of Fame this afternoon and has posted dozens of pics from inside the museum on his Twitter feed. One pic, however, stood out, and that’s the Hall’s PEDs disclaimer, as Kevin calls it, pictured below. I had no idea the Hall had anything like this. Makes sense, though. If there were no mention at all of PEDs it would appear to be a whitewash.
Thing that strikes me the most about it: unlike museum curators, the writers who vote for the Hall of Fame are not all that interested in “the perspective of time” when it comes to PEDs. It’s “keep the cheatin’ bastards out!”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)