Sep 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Barring a change in the umpiring schedule, Jim Joyce is slated to be behind the plate for Armando Galarraga’s start tomorrow against the Orioles.
Joyce was working first base when he infamously blew the call that would have given Galarraga a perfect game on June 2. Joyce immediately and emotionally admitted his mistake, Galarraga displayed a ton of kindness in dealing with the entire situation, and the two later appeared together at the ESPY awards, but Joyce calling balls and strikes would still be pretty interesting.
Galarraga showed his usual class when asked yesterday about the possibility, saying: “It’s going to happen, anyway, sooner or later. It’ll be OK. He’ll do his job. I’ll do my job.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)