Sep 9, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Barring a change in the umpiring schedule, Jim Joyce is slated to be behind the plate for Armando Galarraga’s start tomorrow against the Orioles.
Joyce was working first base when he infamously blew the call that would have given Galarraga a perfect game on June 2. Joyce immediately and emotionally admitted his mistake, Galarraga displayed a ton of kindness in dealing with the entire situation, and the two later appeared together at the ESPY awards, but Joyce calling balls and strikes would still be pretty interesting.
Galarraga showed his usual class when asked yesterday about the possibility, saying: “It’s going to happen, anyway, sooner or later. It’ll be OK. He’ll do his job. I’ll do my job.”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)