Sep 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Clearly, this must mean that he’s planning on signing with the Rays this winter:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter put his Manhattan penthouse on the market Wednesday for an asking price of $20 million.
The All-Star shortstop’s four-bedroom, 5,425-square foot loft on the 88th floor of Trump World Tower in Turtle Bay was listed on the Trump Sales and Leasing website.
Jeter bought the high-rise piece of heaven for $12.6 million from Donald Trump in 2001, shortly after agreeing to a $189 million, 10-year deal with the Bombers.
I think the funniest thing about it is, in describing the place, the Daily News goes on about the media room, the library, the gallery and ends by saying “it even has a powder room.” Which, at least where I’m from, simply means a half bath off a hallway someplace. Every suburban tract house has one. I dunno; maybe it’s another one of those deals where New Yorkers are starting to make a trendy fetish out of boring middle America things like cupcakes and barbecue and meatballs and Yuengling and stuff and claim it as their own.
Anyway, be sure to click through for a pic of the place to see Jeter’s minimalist decorating style.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)