Sep 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Clearly, this must mean that he’s planning on signing with the Rays this winter:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter put his Manhattan penthouse on the market Wednesday for an asking price of $20 million.
The All-Star shortstop’s four-bedroom, 5,425-square foot loft on the 88th floor of Trump World Tower in Turtle Bay was listed on the Trump Sales and Leasing website.
Jeter bought the high-rise piece of heaven for $12.6 million from Donald Trump in 2001, shortly after agreeing to a $189 million, 10-year deal with the Bombers.
I think the funniest thing about it is, in describing the place, the Daily News goes on about the media room, the library, the gallery and ends by saying “it even has a powder room.” Which, at least where I’m from, simply means a half bath off a hallway someplace. Every suburban tract house has one. I dunno; maybe it’s another one of those deals where New Yorkers are starting to make a trendy fetish out of boring middle America things like cupcakes and barbecue and meatballs and Yuengling and stuff and claim it as their own.
Anyway, be sure to click through for a pic of the place to see Jeter’s minimalist decorating style.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)