Sep 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Clearly, this must mean that he’s planning on signing with the Rays this winter:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter put his Manhattan penthouse on the market Wednesday for an asking price of $20 million.
The All-Star shortstop’s four-bedroom, 5,425-square foot loft on the 88th floor of Trump World Tower in Turtle Bay was listed on the Trump Sales and Leasing website.
Jeter bought the high-rise piece of heaven for $12.6 million from Donald Trump in 2001, shortly after agreeing to a $189 million, 10-year deal with the Bombers.
I think the funniest thing about it is, in describing the place, the Daily News goes on about the media room, the library, the gallery and ends by saying “it even has a powder room.” Which, at least where I’m from, simply means a half bath off a hallway someplace. Every suburban tract house has one. I dunno; maybe it’s another one of those deals where New Yorkers are starting to make a trendy fetish out of boring middle America things like cupcakes and barbecue and meatballs and Yuengling and stuff and claim it as their own.
Anyway, be sure to click through for a pic of the place to see Jeter’s minimalist decorating style.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 18
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 18
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)