Sep 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Clearly, this must mean that he’s planning on signing with the Rays this winter:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter put his Manhattan penthouse on the market Wednesday for an asking price of $20 million.
The All-Star shortstop’s four-bedroom, 5,425-square foot loft on the 88th floor of Trump World Tower in Turtle Bay was listed on the Trump Sales and Leasing website.
Jeter bought the high-rise piece of heaven for $12.6 million from Donald Trump in 2001, shortly after agreeing to a $189 million, 10-year deal with the Bombers.
I think the funniest thing about it is, in describing the place, the Daily News goes on about the media room, the library, the gallery and ends by saying “it even has a powder room.” Which, at least where I’m from, simply means a half bath off a hallway someplace. Every suburban tract house has one. I dunno; maybe it’s another one of those deals where New Yorkers are starting to make a trendy fetish out of boring middle America things like cupcakes and barbecue and meatballs and Yuengling and stuff and claim it as their own.
Anyway, be sure to click through for a pic of the place to see Jeter’s minimalist decorating style.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)