Sep 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Clearly, this must mean that he’s planning on signing with the Rays this winter:
Yankees captain Derek Jeter put his Manhattan penthouse on the market Wednesday for an asking price of $20 million.
The All-Star shortstop’s four-bedroom, 5,425-square foot loft on the 88th floor of Trump World Tower in Turtle Bay was listed on the Trump Sales and Leasing website.
Jeter bought the high-rise piece of heaven for $12.6 million from Donald Trump in 2001, shortly after agreeing to a $189 million, 10-year deal with the Bombers.
I think the funniest thing about it is, in describing the place, the Daily News goes on about the media room, the library, the gallery and ends by saying “it even has a powder room.” Which, at least where I’m from, simply means a half bath off a hallway someplace. Every suburban tract house has one. I dunno; maybe it’s another one of those deals where New Yorkers are starting to make a trendy fetish out of boring middle America things like cupcakes and barbecue and meatballs and Yuengling and stuff and claim it as their own.
Anyway, be sure to click through for a pic of the place to see Jeter’s minimalist decorating style.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)