Police seize evidence from the Blue Jays in the Clemens case

Sep 9, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT

The Toronto Star reports that U.S. prosecutors have picked up the hotline to Canada (instituted to avoid us stumbling into an accidental war with the barbarous Canadians) and had a search warrant executed to seize evidence from the Toronto Blue Jays in connection with the Rogers Clemens perjury case.

No word on what or how much stuff was taken, though it’s probably worth asking how much a team keeps on hand regarding people who left their employ twelve years ago. I mean, yeah, I know the law is different up there in that savage land, but I assume they have some basic document retention/destruction policies in place.

Clemens shouldn’t worry though. If his skill in choosing Canadian lawyers to represent him is as good as his skill in hiring American lawyers, his man in Toronto should be able to make it so that those Blue Jays docs never see the light of day in a U.S. Court.

1. Proudly Canadian - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Another source that I read last night, indicated that they obtained all the Blue Jays medical records about Clemens. Unfortunately, I can’t remember what that source was.

2. Mr. Heyward - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Kudos for beating Craig on this story. You are owed one coke, my friend.

3. matt - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Is anyone else tired of all this? I think Clemens and Bonds are both skanks but Ive had enough!! O’bama, please pardon these 2 low-lifes’s so we can stop seeing them in the news. I beg you!! I have to believe that Baseball officials would love for all this to just go away. We’ve had our 2 years or so of bashing the steroid era and all of the records that were stolen. We loved it. We laughed, we cried. Now its just boring!! And then we have Bonds’ trial next year. Please!!! No more!!! Let these guys ride off into the sunset, never to be heard of again!!

4. ThatGuy - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I don’t know what your talking aboot, eh?
    ABOOT!?! Its about. And whats with all this Eh crap?.. We have ways of making you prounouce Os…

5. JimmyY - Sep 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Sorry you don’t like it that’s too bad but that’s the way the system works. Its not about the media or baseball its the law system that takes so long so don’ t be blaming it on anything else. If you don’t like don’t read it and don’t blog about it.

6. Jonny5 - Sep 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM

What’s that? Did I just hear another couple million dollars just get flushed down the toilet? I think I did…… This is going to cost taxpayers more than Yankee stadium did by the time it’s over.

7. Snappy - Sep 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Its more like “uh-BEH-oot”, not “a BOOT” but close!

8. matt - Sep 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Get over yourself JimmyY. I understand the law involved you twit. I’m merely commenting on a story about 2 guys who represent a segment of baseball history that brings nothing but more baggage thats not interesting anymore. If you have the right to blog that it should continue than I have the right to say lets move on. Is that hard for you to understand Jimmyboy?? No? Good.

9. Gary - Sep 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

This just goes to show that Obama has improved our standing abroad so much that the Canucks are actually helping us nab international terrorists.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2971)