Sep 9, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
This isn’t NPR, so we don’t ask for pledges. But I may make an exception in this case: Major League Baseball is auctioning off tickets to Bud Selig’s luxury box for next year’s All-Star Game. It would be a shame if I didn’t win that, really.
If I won, I’d be on my best behavior. Honest! I’d only talk about the game!* Selig could revive his old habit of harassing bloggers who criticize him! Proceeds of the auction go to the Stand up to Cancer charity! There’s nothing bad I could see coming from this.
Right now the bidding stands at $1000 or so. Gleeman said he’d kick in $200. I’d probably be able to convince my wife to let me chip in, oh, $300 or so. I imagine some big wheels at NBC would pony up too. Does Markie Post still work there? Beyond that I’d need help.
This is all theoretical at the moment and I won’t hold anyone to pledges made in the comments, but just for research purposes, how much might you be willing to pay to get me elbow to elbow with Commissioner Bud at next year’s All-Star Game?
*Note: I may not talk about just the game.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)