Sep 9, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Penguins star Sidney Crosby took batting practice at PNC Park in Pittsburgh yesterday and launched a homer into the seats in right field, at which point he took George Costanza’s advice and immediately left the batter’s box on a high note.
Sidney Crosby now has more homers at PNC Park than Bobby Crosby, who played 61 games for the Pirates this season.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)