Sep 9, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
I’m going to assume that the upcoming Barbara Kopple/ESPN documentary on George Steinbrenner is pretty good, even-handed and informative. Why? Because Yankees President Randy Levine hates it:
very much like his old boss, Yankees president Randy Levine Wednesday
fired verbal shots at an upcoming ESPN documentary on George
Steinbrenner, calling it “disjointed” and “the usual news at 6.” . . . It was a disjointed effort. I’m not sure where she was trying to go with the story.“
Probably in a critical and truthful direction, Randy, which doesn’t square with the team’s narrative that the man could do no wrong. I’m looking forward to it actually.
Best part of the article: the suggestion by Kopple that Levine’s really upset with it because he’s not in it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)