Sep 10, 2010, 9:25 PM EDT
OK, maybe not, but someone wants you to think he is.
According to Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune, somebody circulated a fake press release promoting a book claimed to be written by Cubs general manager Jim Hendry. The title? “How to Finish Near Last Place with the Highest Payroll in the League.”
It gets better. Here are just a few of the chapter highlights:
– Why I signed Milton Bradley.
– Why I released Casey McGehee only to see him hit 20 home runs and drive in nearly 100 runs for a division rival.
– Why I signed players to long-term contracts with limited trade options.
According to Muskat, Brewers’ VP of Communications Tyler Barnes said the team is trying to determine who left the fake release in the press box.
“It’s an unfortunate incident and lousy attempt at a practical joke.”
Really? I thought it was pretty successful.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)