Sep 10, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
I’m assuming this is the real Heath Bell’s Twitter account, because if it were a fake you’d think it would be more interesting. In any event, here’s what the person we’re pretty sure is the Padres’ closer tweeted after last night’s game:
I wanted to know where are the padre fans????????? Not at the park.
Good point! It’s a four-gamer against the team on your heels, Padres fans! Get the heck out to Petco for cryin’ out loud! 28,000 and change showed up last night, which is only two-thirds full. What are you, Atlanta?
It’ll probably be better tonight, though. There’s a great reason to be downtown San Diego that mixes very nicely with a baseball game.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)