Sep 10, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
I’m assuming this is the real Heath Bell’s Twitter account, because if it were a fake you’d think it would be more interesting. In any event, here’s what the person we’re pretty sure is the Padres’ closer tweeted after last night’s game:
I wanted to know where are the padre fans????????? Not at the park.
Good point! It’s a four-gamer against the team on your heels, Padres fans! Get the heck out to Petco for cryin’ out loud! 28,000 and change showed up last night, which is only two-thirds full. What are you, Atlanta?
It’ll probably be better tonight, though. There’s a great reason to be downtown San Diego that mixes very nicely with a baseball game.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)