Sep 10, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
I’m assuming this is the real Heath Bell’s Twitter account, because if it were a fake you’d think it would be more interesting. In any event, here’s what the person we’re pretty sure is the Padres’ closer tweeted after last night’s game:
I wanted to know where are the padre fans????????? Not at the park.
Good point! It’s a four-gamer against the team on your heels, Padres fans! Get the heck out to Petco for cryin’ out loud! 28,000 and change showed up last night, which is only two-thirds full. What are you, Atlanta?
It’ll probably be better tonight, though. There’s a great reason to be downtown San Diego that mixes very nicely with a baseball game.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)