Sep 10, 2010, 3:50 PM EST
The Mets just announced that Johan Santana’s season is over:
An MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan yesterday
revealed that Mets pitcher Johan Santana has suffered a tear of the
anterior capsule of the left shoulder. The injury is located on the
front and bottom part of the shoulder close to the pectoral muscle,
resulting in discomfort radiating through both the pectoral muscle and
shoulder. Santana will undergo surgery in the near future and we
anticipate he will be able to resume throwing in the spring.”
That really stinks.
And you know damn well that Carlos Beltran, Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo won’t visit him in the hospital.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)