Sep 10, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, John Lindsey got his first big league at bat last night. He saw three pitches. A ball, a foul ball and then he flew to center. But let no man say he hasn’t taken his hacks in the bigs. Video of his at bat can be seen here.
I think the best part of it was the massive, massive exhale as he took his practice swings just before the first pitch. The second best part was the loud ovation after the fly-out, which I am going to assume was for him, as opposed to the home team retiring an opposing batter.
Oh: a big boo-hiss to the Associated Press for not getting a single pic of Lindsey’s at bat. I mean, I realize that it was only a pinch hitting appearance, but Lindsey was about the only interesting thing about last night’s Astros-Dodgers game, so the least they could would be to snap one of the guy.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)