Sep 10, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, John Lindsey got his first big league at bat last night. He saw three pitches. A ball, a foul ball and then he flew to center. But let no man say he hasn’t taken his hacks in the bigs. Video of his at bat can be seen here.
I think the best part of it was the massive, massive exhale as he took his practice swings just before the first pitch. The second best part was the loud ovation after the fly-out, which I am going to assume was for him, as opposed to the home team retiring an opposing batter.
Oh: a big boo-hiss to the Associated Press for not getting a single pic of Lindsey’s at bat. I mean, I realize that it was only a pinch hitting appearance, but Lindsey was about the only interesting thing about last night’s Astros-Dodgers game, so the least they could would be to snap one of the guy.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)