Sep 10, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, John Lindsey got his first big league at bat last night. He saw three pitches. A ball, a foul ball and then he flew to center. But let no man say he hasn’t taken his hacks in the bigs. Video of his at bat can be seen here.
I think the best part of it was the massive, massive exhale as he took his practice swings just before the first pitch. The second best part was the loud ovation after the fly-out, which I am going to assume was for him, as opposed to the home team retiring an opposing batter.
Oh: a big boo-hiss to the Associated Press for not getting a single pic of Lindsey’s at bat. I mean, I realize that it was only a pinch hitting appearance, but Lindsey was about the only interesting thing about last night’s Astros-Dodgers game, so the least they could would be to snap one of the guy.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)