Sep 10, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
As I mentioned in this morning’s recaps, John Lindsey got his first big league at bat last night. He saw three pitches. A ball, a foul ball and then he flew to center. But let no man say he hasn’t taken his hacks in the bigs. Video of his at bat can be seen here.
I think the best part of it was the massive, massive exhale as he took his practice swings just before the first pitch. The second best part was the loud ovation after the fly-out, which I am going to assume was for him, as opposed to the home team retiring an opposing batter.
Oh: a big boo-hiss to the Associated Press for not getting a single pic of Lindsey’s at bat. I mean, I realize that it was only a pinch hitting appearance, but Lindsey was about the only interesting thing about last night’s Astros-Dodgers game, so the least they could would be to snap one of the guy.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)