Sep 10, 2010, 1:28 PM EST
Nyjer Morgan’s appeal of his 176 day suspension (estimated) began at 10AM this morning. Word around the Twitterverse is that it was still going on as of ten minutes ago.
I realize he’s been a bad boy and everything, but I’m having a hard time seeing why it would take that long to (a) let Morgan explain the artistic/political statement he was making while taunting the Florida crowd; and (b) have Bob Watson or Frank Robinson or whoever tear him a new one. I mean, even if they bring in lunch it shoulda ended at 12:30, right?
Pray for Nyjer Morgan, my friends. Pray.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)