Sep 10, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan’s appeal of his 176 day suspension (estimated) began at 10AM this morning. Word around the Twitterverse is that it was still going on as of ten minutes ago.
I realize he’s been a bad boy and everything, but I’m having a hard time seeing why it would take that long to (a) let Morgan explain the artistic/political statement he was making while taunting the Florida crowd; and (b) have Bob Watson or Frank Robinson or whoever tear him a new one. I mean, even if they bring in lunch it shoulda ended at 12:30, right?
Pray for Nyjer Morgan, my friends. Pray.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 2
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 19
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 15
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)