Sep 10, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan’s appeal of his 176 day suspension (estimated) began at 10AM this morning. Word around the Twitterverse is that it was still going on as of ten minutes ago.
I realize he’s been a bad boy and everything, but I’m having a hard time seeing why it would take that long to (a) let Morgan explain the artistic/political statement he was making while taunting the Florida crowd; and (b) have Bob Watson or Frank Robinson or whoever tear him a new one. I mean, even if they bring in lunch it shoulda ended at 12:30, right?
Pray for Nyjer Morgan, my friends. Pray.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)