Sep 10, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal expands on Peter Gammons thing about Kevin Towers this morning, but simultaneously goes a long way towards contradicting it.
Yes, the Diamondbacks are interested in Towers, Rosenthal says, but (a) they haven’t spoken with him yet (contradicting Gammons’ implication that it’s all but a done deal); and (b) Towers probably wants way more money than the Diamondbacks are willing to pay a GM. He made $2 million with San Diego, Rosenthal says. Earlier today Buster Olney reported that the Dbacks would like to pay their GM around $1 million. That would likely keep Jerry DiPoto in the fold, but wouldn’t be enough for Towers, I assume.
And for those of you who forgot: the Dbacks are paying their old GM Josh Byrnes through 2015. So, yeah, nice planning there fellas.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)