Sep 10, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Rick Reilly asked Pete Rose what he thought about Fay Vincent’s recent statement that Bud Selig should not allow Rose to participate in a ceremony honor the 1970s Reds this weekend:
“Fay Vincent’s never had a nice thing to say about me in his whole
fine with me. But he’s bashing the commissioner. And when you bash the
commissioner, you bash baseball. I would never bash baseball.”
Pete Rose would lie to the Commissioner. He would sue the Commissioner. He would repeatedly break the rule which is the very reason why there is a Commissioner of Baseball in the first place and — at least if you listen to some people — he’d drive the Commissioner into an early grave, but by gum, he would never bash the Commissioner of Baseball.
We ought to give him a parade or somethin’.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)