Sep 10, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
Rick Reilly asked Pete Rose what he thought about Fay Vincent’s recent statement that Bud Selig should not allow Rose to participate in a ceremony honor the 1970s Reds this weekend:
“Fay Vincent’s never had a nice thing to say about me in his whole
fine with me. But he’s bashing the commissioner. And when you bash the
commissioner, you bash baseball. I would never bash baseball.”
Pete Rose would lie to the Commissioner. He would sue the Commissioner. He would repeatedly break the rule which is the very reason why there is a Commissioner of Baseball in the first place and — at least if you listen to some people — he’d drive the Commissioner into an early grave, but by gum, he would never bash the Commissioner of Baseball.
We ought to give him a parade or somethin’.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8