Sep 10, 2010, 8:24 AM EST
We heard the other day that the Diamondbacks are really interested in hiring Kevin Towers to run the club. Now Peter Gammons is reporting that a deal between Towers and the club is in place, but that it can’t be announced until “the process” is complete. Whatever that means.
Most interesting thing about Gammons’ tweet is his sourcing: “Three GMs insist . . .” That could be true, but I wonder how that sort of information circulates. Do the GMs — current and past — all chat about this online? Is there a GM union hall someplace where Towers is sitting next to the keg, telling anyone who listen that he latched on with Arizona?
“That’s great, Kevin. Now pay your back dues, OK?”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 0
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (71)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)