Sep 10, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
We heard the other day that the Diamondbacks are really interested in hiring Kevin Towers to run the club. Now Peter Gammons is reporting that a deal between Towers and the club is in place, but that it can’t be announced until “the process” is complete. Whatever that means.
Most interesting thing about Gammons’ tweet is his sourcing: “Three GMs insist . . .” That could be true, but I wonder how that sort of information circulates. Do the GMs — current and past — all chat about this online? Is there a GM union hall someplace where Towers is sitting next to the keg, telling anyone who listen that he latched on with Arizona?
“That’s great, Kevin. Now pay your back dues, OK?”
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)