Sep 11, 2010, 8:48 PM EDT
From the Associated Press comes word that the White Sox have scratched Freddy Garcia from his scheduled Sunday start against the Royals.
Garcia is dealing with lingering soreness in his lower back and the White Sox have options, so they’re going to use them.
Lucas Harrell, who threw four scoreless innings in relief duty Tuesday, will take the mound against Kansas City. The 25-year-old has allowed just one earned run in 10.2 big-league innings this season.
The White Sox can’t be sure when Garica might pitch next. It doesn’t sound like an overly serious issue, but the club is currently five games back of the Twins in the American League Central standings and could be dead in the water by the time the right-hander is ready to contribute again.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20