Sep 11, 2010, 8:48 PM EDT
From the Associated Press comes word that the White Sox have scratched Freddy Garcia from his scheduled Sunday start against the Royals.
Garcia is dealing with lingering soreness in his lower back and the White Sox have options, so they’re going to use them.
Lucas Harrell, who threw four scoreless innings in relief duty Tuesday, will take the mound against Kansas City. The 25-year-old has allowed just one earned run in 10.2 big-league innings this season.
The White Sox can’t be sure when Garica might pitch next. It doesn’t sound like an overly serious issue, but the club is currently five games back of the Twins in the American League Central standings and could be dead in the water by the time the right-hander is ready to contribute again.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)