Sep 11, 2010, 8:48 PM EST
From the Associated Press comes word that the White Sox have scratched Freddy Garcia from his scheduled Sunday start against the Royals.
Garcia is dealing with lingering soreness in his lower back and the White Sox have options, so they’re going to use them.
Lucas Harrell, who threw four scoreless innings in relief duty Tuesday, will take the mound against Kansas City. The 25-year-old has allowed just one earned run in 10.2 big-league innings this season.
The White Sox can’t be sure when Garica might pitch next. It doesn’t sound like an overly serious issue, but the club is currently five games back of the Twins in the American League Central standings and could be dead in the water by the time the right-hander is ready to contribute again.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)