Sep 11, 2010, 8:48 PM EDT
From the Associated Press comes word that the White Sox have scratched Freddy Garcia from his scheduled Sunday start against the Royals.
Garcia is dealing with lingering soreness in his lower back and the White Sox have options, so they’re going to use them.
Lucas Harrell, who threw four scoreless innings in relief duty Tuesday, will take the mound against Kansas City. The 25-year-old has allowed just one earned run in 10.2 big-league innings this season.
The White Sox can’t be sure when Garica might pitch next. It doesn’t sound like an overly serious issue, but the club is currently five games back of the Twins in the American League Central standings and could be dead in the water by the time the right-hander is ready to contribute again.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 11
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 16
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 51
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)