Sep 11, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
It’s not all bad news for the Mets. According to Brendan Prunty of the Newark Star-Ledger, Jason Bay told reporters on Friday that he is still hoping to return this season.
“I haven’t had a headache in about a week — four or five days,” the Mets
left fielder said prior to Friday night’s game against the Phillies.
“I’ve just kind of been taking it slow. I feel great. Now it’s just
getting back into shape and not trying to do it all at once and get
yourself set back.”
He plans to start swinging a bat within the next few days, which will be his first baseball activity since going on the disabled list with a concussion at the end of July. Bay said he intends to play again this season, even if he only has the chance to play for one week.
Bay still has to get back into baseball shape, so the clock is ticking, but his sense of humor is still as sharp as ever. Here’s what he had to say when he was asked if he was going to have any issues with bright lights or loud noises at the ballpark.
“I’m OK with that stuff,” Bay said. “A lot of that wasn’t the issue. It
was more the headaches and more headaches from exertion. I’m Canadian,
so bright lights bother me anyway.”
Don’t worry, Jason. By the time the Mets finish up the season with a seven-game homestand against the Brewers and Nationals, Citi Field will probably be the quietest place on Earth.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)