Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Good news here for the Mets.
Carlos Beltran, who was scratched from Saturday’s lineup due to knee tendinitis, is back in the Mets’ batting order for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies. This according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The 33-year-old center fielder has posted a mediocre .235/.340/.371 batting line with three homers and 20 RBI in 170 at-bats since returning from the disabled list in mid-July. He is only under team control with the Mets through 2011 and will be playing for a contract next season. Better results should be expected.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness