Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Good news here for the Mets.
Carlos Beltran, who was scratched from Saturday’s lineup due to knee tendinitis, is back in the Mets’ batting order for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies. This according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The 33-year-old center fielder has posted a mediocre .235/.340/.371 batting line with three homers and 20 RBI in 170 at-bats since returning from the disabled list in mid-July. He is only under team control with the Mets through 2011 and will be playing for a contract next season. Better results should be expected.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)