Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Good news here for the Mets.
Carlos Beltran, who was scratched from Saturday’s lineup due to knee tendinitis, is back in the Mets’ batting order for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies. This according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The 33-year-old center fielder has posted a mediocre .235/.340/.371 batting line with three homers and 20 RBI in 170 at-bats since returning from the disabled list in mid-July. He is only under team control with the Mets through 2011 and will be playing for a contract next season. Better results should be expected.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)