Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
Good news here for the Mets.
Carlos Beltran, who was scratched from Saturday’s lineup due to knee tendinitis, is back in the Mets’ batting order for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies. This according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The 33-year-old center fielder has posted a mediocre .235/.340/.371 batting line with three homers and 20 RBI in 170 at-bats since returning from the disabled list in mid-July. He is only under team control with the Mets through 2011 and will be playing for a contract next season. Better results should be expected.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)