Sep 12, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
Good news here for the Mets.
Carlos Beltran, who was scratched from Saturday’s lineup due to knee tendinitis, is back in the Mets’ batting order for Sunday’s series finale against the Phillies. This according to Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger.
The 33-year-old center fielder has posted a mediocre .235/.340/.371 batting line with three homers and 20 RBI in 170 at-bats since returning from the disabled list in mid-July. He is only under team control with the Mets through 2011 and will be playing for a contract next season. Better results should be expected.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)