Sep 13, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
When the Rangers clinch the AL West, there will be a beer and champagne shower. That’s just how it goes. But one of the biggest reasons they’ll clinch that title is Josh Hamilton, who happens to have a serious substance abuse history:
Hamilton has been trying to find a way to enjoy the party without ingesting any alcohol.
“I’m going to have goggles on, duct tape over the mouth and either a
wetsuit or raincoat,” he said. “It can’t get on your skin. It’ll soak
through your skin.
“I don’t want to send the wrong message to people who might see
pictures and think I’m not serious about recovery or what it stands
My experience with this sort of thing is quite limited, but it strikes me that the post game celebration would be a great time for Hamilton and whoever else is averse to the bubbly to go out onto the field and do a meet-and-greet and what have you with kids or something.
I can’t imagine being in that situation if my body had an unhealthy craving for something that would likely mean my destruction.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)