Sep 13, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
When the Rangers clinch the AL West, there will be a beer and champagne shower. That’s just how it goes. But one of the biggest reasons they’ll clinch that title is Josh Hamilton, who happens to have a serious substance abuse history:
Hamilton has been trying to find a way to enjoy the party without ingesting any alcohol.
“I’m going to have goggles on, duct tape over the mouth and either a
wetsuit or raincoat,” he said. “It can’t get on your skin. It’ll soak
through your skin.
“I don’t want to send the wrong message to people who might see
pictures and think I’m not serious about recovery or what it stands
My experience with this sort of thing is quite limited, but it strikes me that the post game celebration would be a great time for Hamilton and whoever else is averse to the bubbly to go out onto the field and do a meet-and-greet and what have you with kids or something.
I can’t imagine being in that situation if my body had an unhealthy craving for something that would likely mean my destruction.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)