Sep 13, 2010, 10:14 PM EDT
On the disqualified list following an alleged mid-August assault on his father’s girlfriend, former Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez faces an uncertain future. But we know where he will be tomorrow.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Rodriguez is scheduled to appear in a New York courtroom on Tuesday morning for a hearing related to the third-degree assault and second-degree harassment charges that were levied on him last month.
K-Rod is also recovering from right thumb surgery and is not taking in salary from the Mets because they were able to convert his contract to unguaranteed.
The Players Association has filed a grievance on his behalf to retain some of those funds and a mid-October hearing will decide the fate of the $11.5 million remaining on his contract for next season. No matter the ruling, there’s a good chance he will never again pitch in a Mets uniform.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)