Sep 13, 2010, 8:52 PM EST
According to MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli, Orioles starter Brian Matusz was pulled from Monday’s game after just one inning due to what is being called a “left triceps contusion.”
Matusz, a southpaw, was nailed in the left arm by a Yunel Escobar comebacker on his ninth pitch of the game. He stayed in and finished the scoreless inning but did not feel well enough to head out for the second. That, or the Orioles were trying to protect his young arm.
The 23-year-old Matusz posted a strong 2.43 ERA over six August starts and pitched well against the Yankees one week ago. It’s not yet known if he will miss his next scheduled outing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)