Sep 13, 2010, 2:03 PM EDT
The next time you hear about how loyal fans of bad teams are “long suffering,” just remember that some of those long suffering fans are pretty whiny and petty too. Check out this snippy little rant from SBF at the Nats 320 blog about how “questionable season ticket holders” who weren’t wearing Nats gear got prizes at the game yesterday.
Query: if Nats bloggers focus so much on this kind of stuff, what possible incentive does the team have to make the team better? It sounds to me like a free pair of Oakleys would make everyone happy.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 11
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)