Sep 13, 2010, 2:03 PM EST
The next time you hear about how loyal fans of bad teams are “long suffering,” just remember that some of those long suffering fans are pretty whiny and petty too. Check out this snippy little rant from SBF at the Nats 320 blog about how “questionable season ticket holders” who weren’t wearing Nats gear got prizes at the game yesterday.
Query: if Nats bloggers focus so much on this kind of stuff, what possible incentive does the team have to make the team better? It sounds to me like a free pair of Oakleys would make everyone happy.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 17
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 110
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (112)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)