Sep 13, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Baseball’s longest active consecutive games streak could come to an end Monday, as Prince Fielder was scratched from Milwaukee’s lineup with flu symptoms, according to the Journel-Sentinel.
Unless Fielder makes an appearance off the bench, he’d miss his first game since Sept. 3, 2008. Since that day, he’d started all 327 of Milwaukee’s games: 326 at first base and one at DH.
With Fielder absent, the Brewers shifted Casey McGehee to first base and added Mat Gamel to the lineup at third.
Fielder is hitting .273/.406/.497 with 30 homers and 74 RBI in 142 games this season.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)