Sep 13, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
When you hit .182/.292/.267 and are DFA’d by the Pirates, you probably shouldn’t expect to land on your feet in the big leagues in short order. Akinori Iwamura did, however, getting signed by the A’s right after Pittsburgh released him.
The reason: Kevin Kouzmanoff is having back issues and has missed six games in a row. Someone’s got to play third. Otherwise there would be a bunch of bunt singles, and that just aggravates the pitching staff.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)