Sep 13, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
When you hit .182/.292/.267 and are DFA’d by the Pirates, you probably shouldn’t expect to land on your feet in the big leagues in short order. Akinori Iwamura did, however, getting signed by the A’s right after Pittsburgh released him.
The reason: Kevin Kouzmanoff is having back issues and has missed six games in a row. Someone’s got to play third. Otherwise there would be a bunch of bunt singles, and that just aggravates the pitching staff.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12