Sep 13, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
When you hit .182/.292/.267 and are DFA’d by the Pirates, you probably shouldn’t expect to land on your feet in the big leagues in short order. Akinori Iwamura did, however, getting signed by the A’s right after Pittsburgh released him.
The reason: Kevin Kouzmanoff is having back issues and has missed six games in a row. Someone’s got to play third. Otherwise there would be a bunch of bunt singles, and that just aggravates the pitching staff.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)