Sep 13, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
When you hit .182/.292/.267 and are DFA’d by the Pirates, you probably shouldn’t expect to land on your feet in the big leagues in short order. Akinori Iwamura did, however, getting signed by the A’s right after Pittsburgh released him.
The reason: Kevin Kouzmanoff is having back issues and has missed six games in a row. Someone’s got to play third. Otherwise there would be a bunch of bunt singles, and that just aggravates the pitching staff.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 38
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)