Sep 13, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
When you hit .182/.292/.267 and are DFA’d by the Pirates, you probably shouldn’t expect to land on your feet in the big leagues in short order. Akinori Iwamura did, however, getting signed by the A’s right after Pittsburgh released him.
The reason: Kevin Kouzmanoff is having back issues and has missed six games in a row. Someone’s got to play third. Otherwise there would be a bunch of bunt singles, and that just aggravates the pitching staff.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)